I made this very simple modification on the Oliver + S Roller Skate Dress. This pattern is so awesome because it is such versatile starting point for many projects. So for this one, I kept the main shape of the dress the same as the original but I didn’t line the dress. Instead, I included a button down front to make the shirt dress. I did also keep the elastic at the waist (but used a bias binding casing to put it in) and then, I finished all the edges with bias binding. Technically I could have finished the bottom without bias tape but it was late, and I had really gotten into the whole bias tape thing (and I cut a couple inches off the bottom, thought it would be too short and the baby was sleeping so I couldn’t measure it). Luckily, it’s a little big so she has room to grow into it a bit.
I’m currently crocheting a little sweater that I can pair with this dress to bring it into fall/winter.